Monday, September 3, 2018

I am Learning to Identify 2D and 3D Shapes.

In Room 8 we have been learning about Geometry. We have looked at different 2D and 3D shapes and their different parts. We learned that shapes have different numbers of sides, faces, edges and corners of vertices.
We had a lot of fun making monsters out of different shapes!


My Reflection
I like him because he has seven eyes. He is a rectangle and if he was 3D he would be a rectangular prism. I found geometry hard because you have have to remember all of the different names of shapes. It is easier to count the sides and corners of 2D shapes than 3D shapes. If you stare at a drawing of a 3D shape it looks like it moves and changes!

1 comment:

Brooke Reid said...

I love your shape man. Seven eyes! That is a lot. I wonder if he can see what is going on behind him? Love from Mum