Monday, September 3, 2018

I am Learning to Write a Cinquain Poem.

In Room 8 we have been learning how to write a cinquain poem. These poems have a special order that the words have to be put in. We have practiced writing cinquains in our writing books and published our most recent poems on Spring.

Success Criteria:
- All words must relate to the topic.
- The second line must contain two adjectives.
- The third line must contain three verbs with an -ing ending.
- The fourth line must be a four word sentence about Spring.


Spring
New, amazing
Zooming, running, jumping
Hot at the beach
Sunny

My Reflection
I found it hard to write a cinquain poem because you have to think of a four word sentence.
It was easiest to write the adjectives to describe spring.
I like my poem because it is about Spring and I used some interesting words.

1 comment:

Brooke Reid said...

I read your poem in the classroom and was very impressed. It is great you are trying tricky new things. Love from Mum